We don't collect any private data about your users. We don't track their IP address and we don't use any cookie. We respect their privacy, by design, and our full platform works without the need of collecting any private information.
A lot of our competitors track private data, sometimes without consent. Choosing Screeb is a guarantee to respect the privacy of your users.
Since day one, we've decided to be hosted by European providers (French, actually) so as not to depend on partners subject to a third-party extraterritorial law. This is the only way to guarantee that your users' data is well protected and thus to comply with the GDPR (as the French regulator reminded).
In other words, this means that we are not hosted on Amazon AWS like the vast majority of other solutions on the market, but on Clever Cloud and Scaleway.
Screeb is a multitenant platform, hosting data for 2 data subjects:
- Screeb users/customers (creating the surveys)
- End users: website/app users, survey respondents
By design, we do not track personal data for the second category.
Here is the complete list of data we collect:
Screeb users (Screeb being the Data Controller):
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Job title
- Last connection date
- Actions made in our solution (usage data)
End users (Screeb being the Data Processor):
- Online identifier or unique personal identifier.
- User Agent
- Device (Desktop/Tablet/Mobile)
- Device OS and version (mobile only)
- UTM parameters in URL
- Survey responses
Some of our customers may collect personal data in surveys or via our tag and SDKs, in accordance with their own GDPR policy:
- visitor properties
- event tracking
- visitor grouping
Those data are used for:
- targeting surveys to the right audience, according to rules defined by our customer
- customizing surveys
- pre-fill some survey responses
- responses visualization (reports)
- application usage visualization (reports)
- feedback summarisation
- transcribe recorded media
- response translation
Screeb SDK can be used anonymously by our customers. In that case, end-user data and survey responses are associated with a random and unique visitor identifier.
Screeb does not run any real-person identification (such has facial recognition) on recorded media.
The Screeb widget libraries are third-party code snippets. It allows Screeb customers to collect end-user data and display surveys.
Some information are stored locally in browser's local storage or mobile memory. It can be accessed by any code running on the same domain name.
Local-Storage (web), device memory (mobile)
Here is the full list of data stored locally:
- Screeb end-users identifier
- Customer end-users identifier (if applicable)
- List of surveys displayed or responded to:
- survey identifier
- response identifier
- response date (if applicable)
- response status (displayed only, response partial, response full, closed)
Our targeting engine has been built with security by design.
Targeting rules manipulating visitor information are executed server-side, with no way for attackers to "guess" visitor private data by dichotomy.
For caching purposes, our targeting engine may provide to the browser the date of the last response to a survey.
As soon as a response is ended or timed out, the response session won't be recoverable. Session time-out is currently 7 days.
Updated on 09/15/2023
- Data processing from Screeb customers and end-users are located in Clever Cloud datacenter (France). Here is their complete Security Policy, which also applies to Screeb.
- Data from Screeb customers and end-users are hosted in a Scaleway datacenter in France. https://www.scaleway.com/en/security-and-resilience/
- In our datacenter, data are encrypted before being persisted to disk.
- The communication layer has been built on top of Cloudflare, a global CDN. Private data about end-users will be transferred over their network to Clever Cloud, based on the visitor region. It means that if visitors are in Europe, their data won't leave Europe. Cloudflare has an ISO /IEC 27701:2019 certification proving their compliance with GDPR. Read more on their dedicated GDPR website section.
- Our websocket gateway is hosted at Scaleway, in a French datacenter. Data is not persisted.
- There is no caching of private data in our CDN.
- Network communications are secured with TLS 1.2 or 1.3, the best-in-class encryption. Certificates are provided by Cloudflare and LetsEncrypt.
No end-user data is sent to these third-party providers except OpenAI, Deepl and Gladia, only for optional, features. We use them to monitor the usage of our own users in Screeb and to manage our customer relationships.
When you're a user or prospect of SCREEB.
When you're an end-user responding to surveys. SCREEB doesn't intend to collect personal data unless clients do so under their own policies.
Only relevant data for SCREEB's services. Includes identification, professional contact details, and customer relations history.
Data is used for account creation, commercial relations, answering queries, and solution usage. SCREEB doesn't sell your data.
Retention: Data kept for the duration of the contractual relationship. Deleted within 30 days if account is inactive for 2 years or upon closure request.
Data Transfer: Data may be shared with subcontractors under strict conditions or public/private bodies as per regulations. Some subcontractors are outside the EU, but SCREEB ensures data protection.
Updated on 09/26/2023
- If you are a prospect or User of our Solution: as part of our commercial or contractual exchanges, via our site by creating an account or via the use of our Solution by creating surveys. In these cases, SCREEB is the data controller.
We invite you to contact our Client who sent you the survey to complete in order to find out more about the processing of your personal data by the latter.
About placing cookies on your terminal, you will find all the information in our Cookies Policy (below).
What data do we collect?
Only data that is relevant and strictly necessary for the use of our Solution and Services is collected, stored and updated. The storage of your personal data in our systems is primarily the result of a decision on your part to provide us with this data; under no circumstances do we collect it without your knowledge.
- You are a Customer, prospect or User of our Solution:
In the scope of our commercial activities or from the online account creation form, we may collect various categories of personal data concerning you, such as identification data (surname, first name, title), professional contact details (addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail address, job title) as well as a customer relations history (appointment, satisfaction mark, complaint, response to satisfaction surveys, etc.).
If you use our Solution, the contract binding us includes an Appendix relating to data processing which details the data, the purposes of processing, the operations carried out, the retention periods and the security measures implemented by us as a processor.
How do we use your data?
We process your personal data for the following purposes and on the following legal bases:
- Customer account creation, on the basis of the execution of pre-contractual measures;
- Management of our commercial relations, based on the performance of the Contract;
- Answering your questions, on the basis of our legitimate interests in providing you with an adequate response;
- Use of our Solution, based on the performance of the Contract;
We do not sell your personal data to any third parties.
How long do we keep your data?
Your data is kept only as long as necessary. We only keep your data for the duration of the contractual relationship.
If your account is inactive for a period of 2 years, or if you request that your customer account be closed, we will delete your data within 30 days. Your account and data then become inaccessible.
How do we protect your data?
SCREEB guarantees the security, availability and integrity of your data. It is our responsibility to prevent any inappropriate disclosure of your data.
For this reason, access to personal data on all our systems is subject to strict implementation conditions:
- A limited group of people with access to SCREEB databases;
- Use of "MFA" ;
- application of a strict password policy;
- Encrypted device (laptop, smartphone);
- Up-to-date tools, devices and software databases;
- Our team is regularly trained in security issues.
Your data is stored in France in the Clever Cloud datacenter and Scaleway, offering every guarantee of optimum service quality and enhanced performance.
In these datacenters, your data is encrypted before being stored.
To whom do we transfer your data?
SCREEB ensures that your data continues to benefit from an adequate level of protection in terms of security and confidentiality throughout its processing. We take particular care to ensure that our subcontractors are able to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the data we entrust to them.
The transmission of data to third parties may be justified:
- When the circumstances of the assignment require it: transmission to subcontractors who are themselves bound by contractual clauses guaranteeing the security and confidentiality of your data. Such transmission is specified in the Contract.
- Communication to public or private bodies, when provided for by law: These transfers are carried out in compliance with current regulations.
Some of our subcontractors are located outside the European Union. When they are located in a country that does not offer an adequate level of protection for personal data, we implement appropriate guarantees to govern transfers.
How can you exercise your rights to your data?
In accordance with current regulations, you have the right to access, limit, port, delete and rectify your personal data.
You may also, for legitimate reasons, object to the processing of your personal data.
Finally, you may withdraw your consent to the processing of your data in the future. In this case, any processing carried out prior to the withdrawal will be deemed lawful.
You can exercise your rights by writing to the following address:
Data Protection Department (DPO)
4 Rue Voltaire
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the interests of confidentiality and data protection, we invite you to write to us at the e-mail address linked to your Account.
In the event of an unsatisfactory response from us, you may lodge a complaint with the “Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés” (CNIL).
Purpose: Help users navigate, perform functions, marketing, personalization, and analysis.
Authorization: Some essential cookies are auto-deposited. Others need your approval.
Cookie Lifespan: Non-essential cookies last up to 13 months and won't auto-extend with new visits.
User Rights: Modify cookie preferences anytime via the cookies banner or the cookie icon on site pages.
Always refer to the full policy for comprehensive details.
Cookies required for the effective performance of the Site may be deposited without your authorization. All other cookies must be authorized before they can be processed by your browser.
Here are the different types of cookies used on the SCREEB website and their purposes:
Essential cookies: those cookies required to ensure you can access the Site and browse it securely. They enable basic Site functions. Screeb and its partners may therefore use this type of cookies to manage user login and account registration, make payments, prevent fraud, ensure security, memorize visitor information on the site, for example: language, time zone, enhanced content, provide necessary documentation and vidéo tutorials. The Site cannot be used properly without strictly necessary cookies.
Personalization cookies: these are used to personalize the Site's editorial content or to customize the display of products and services according to those previously viewed.
Analytics Cookies : cookies that measure Site use, cookies used for tracking, monitoring, and analyzing how you browse and interact with the site and our services. They reveal usage trends as well as which users upgrade the services rendered by us and how is this done.
Marketing Cookies : they are used to identify visitors between different websites, e.g. content partners, banner networks. These cookies can be used by third parties to create a profile of visitors' interests or display relevant advertising on other sites.
Duration of retention of non-essential cookies
In any case, cookies stored in your terminal for analysis and targeting purposes will have a lifespan limited to 13 months maximum, this duration not being automatically extended during your new visits to the site.
You can modify your preferences at any time by clicking on the cookies banner or by accessing the cookie icon at the bottom left of the pages of our Site.